Clothing and backpack stolen as Mercedes among vehicles targeted
- Credit: Google Images
Witnesses are being sought after two cars parked in the same street were targeted in overnight raids.
Police are appealing for information following two incidents that involved theft and interference with cars parked on Oulton Broad in Lowestoft.
At some point overnight - between 11pm on Wednesday, December 16 and 5.55am on Thursday, December 17 - entry was gained to a Mercedes A45 in Christmas Lane, Oulton Broad.
A police spokesman said: "A Mercedes A45 was entered by unknown means and a number of items were removed from within including clothing, a backpack, a number plate and a utility belt.
"The items were later found discarded nearby."
On the same night, and in the same road, entry was gained to a Ford Fiesta that was parked on a driveway.
A search was carried out of the car, but it is not known if anything was stolen.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
Anyone with information about these incidents or who may have seen anything suspicious should contact Suffolk police, quoting reference numbers 37/72876/20 and 37/72877/20, on 101 or email Agnieszka.Mann2@suffolk.police.uk