Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- Credit: Mick Howes
Investigations are under way after three men and a woman sprayed lit aerosol cans as they walked through a popular shopping centre late at night.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information in connection with damage that was caused at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: "Officers were called at 11.25pm on Friday, April 9, to reports of an arson at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
"It is reported that a group of people, three male and one female were lighting aerosol cans and spraying the flame at objects in the centre.
"A large traffic cone was damaged."
You may also want to watch:
No injuries were reported during the isolated late night incident, with "broken glass and rubbish" having to be cleared by cleaners at The Britten Centre on Saturday morning.
Witnesses or anybody with any information is asked to contact Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference 18271/21.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 8 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing