Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for information after a car driver deliberately knocked a cyclist off his bike.
The attack happened between 7pm and 7.30pm on Thursday, January 7, in Market Place, Bungay.
The cyclist, a man in his 20s, was going along Trinity Street, when a car driver drove too close to him outside Wightman’s shop.
The cyclist then caught up with the car in Market Place and shouted at the driver, police said, who then drove the car at the cyclist and knocked him off his bike, before driving away.
This resulted in the cyclist sustaining elbow, knee and hand injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 40s or 50s and of heavy build. He was driving a black, soft-top convertible car - possibly a three-door Mercedes.
If you have seen this man or if you have information about this incident contact the Crime Coordination Team, quoting reference: 1724/21.
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Wanted Waveney man may be in London