Driver flees scene after crashing car into church
- Credit: Archant
A driver fled the scene after crashing into a church in Beccles earlier this week.
On Monday, February 1, a car crashed into St Luke's Church, on Rigbourne Hill, around midday, with officers at Suffolk Police appealing for witnesses to come forward.
A spokesperson confirmed the car was a silver or grey Honda Civic saloon, with officers called at 12.10pm.
The car appeared to have left the road near Castle Hill and crashed into a wall near the church.
Taking to Twitter on Wednesday morning, officers at Lowestoft Police said: "Police are appealing for witnesses to a car crashing into St Luke's Church, Rigbourne Hill, Beccles, on Monday, February 1 around midday."
The driver of the car is believed to be a man.
Witnesses to the incident, or anyone who may have seen the car in the area at the time, is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 134 of February 1.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 8 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 9 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.