Driver flees scene after crashing car into church
- Credit: Archant
A driver fled the scene after crashing into a church in Beccles earlier this week.
On Monday, February 1, a car crashed into St Luke's Church, on Rigbourne Hill, around midday, with officers at Suffolk Police appealing for witnesses to come forward.
A spokesperson confirmed the car was a silver or grey Honda Civic saloon, with officers called at 12.10pm.
The car appeared to have left the road near Castle Hill and crashed into a wall near the church.
Taking to Twitter on Wednesday morning, officers at Lowestoft Police said: "Police are appealing for witnesses to a car crashing into St Luke's Church, Rigbourne Hill, Beccles, on Monday, February 1 around midday."
The driver of the car is believed to be a man.
Witnesses to the incident, or anyone who may have seen the car in the area at the time, is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 134 of February 1.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 10 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.