Driver flees scene after crashing car into church
- Credit: Archant
A driver fled the scene after crashing into a church in Beccles earlier this week.
On Monday, February 1, a car crashed into St Luke's Church, on Rigbourne Hill, around midday, with officers at Suffolk Police appealing for witnesses to come forward.
A spokesperson confirmed the car was a silver or grey Honda Civic saloon, with officers called at 12.10pm.
The car appeared to have left the road near Castle Hill and crashed into a wall near the church.
Taking to Twitter on Wednesday morning, officers at Lowestoft Police said: "Police are appealing for witnesses to a car crashing into St Luke's Church, Rigbourne Hill, Beccles, on Monday, February 1 around midday."
The driver of the car is believed to be a man.
Witnesses to the incident, or anyone who may have seen the car in the area at the time, is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 134 of February 1.
- 1 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 2 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 3 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 4 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 5 Former mayor given honour after 'tireless' efforts to help community
- 6 Bid for £6m so towns and villages can combat flooding
- 7 Lockdown Covid breach and vehicles seized on 'busy day of action'
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'pushed' by man after dog altercation
- 10 16 Suffolk towns to get rapid Covid test facilities - here's where
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.