Girl,13, grabbed by man and told not to make a noise before escaping
- Credit: Getty Images
A 13-year-old girl was grabbed by a man and told not to make any noise as she was walking down an alleyway near a supermarket.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the common assault that took place in Beccles.
It happened in an alleyway behind the Tesco supermarket on George Westwood Way in the town on Tuesday, May 25, at around 5.30pm.
According to a police spokesman, the female victim, aged 13, had left Tesco and was walking along the alleyway when a man approached her and grabbed her arm just above the wrist.
The male said not to make any noise.
The spokesman said the victim then managed to twist away from him and ran home. No injury was caused but the victim was very shocked and upset.
Anyone who knows who was responsible or saw suspicious activity at around the time of the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/27832/21.
You can also use the website, www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 6 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 7 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead