Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- Credit: NS Police Dogs Twitter
A motorist has been charged after he was found to be nearly four times the legal drink-drive limit.
Police were called following reports that a car had crashed into a wall on a village road in Somerleyton in the early hours of Saturday morning (April 10).
With officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and the Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit responding, searches were carried out around the B1074 road in the village after the driver of the white car fled following the crash.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit said Pd Harry tracked the driver into a field, with the motorist soon found "hidden in brambles in the bottom of a ditch."
In a tweet, the team revealed the driver was then arrested for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
It said: "One en route to custody having provided a breath reading of 135ugs."
On Saturday evening, the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team confirmed the man has been charged.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached