Search continues for man who assaulted and robbed woman
- Credit: Google Maps
The search continues for a man who robbed and assaulted a woman in broad daylight by a Lloyds cash point machine.
The woman was assaulted and robbed while withdrawing money from a bank on December 3.
Police received a call of a reported theft and assault in Beccles at about 9.15am.
It was reported that a woman, 57, had got £50 out of a cash point machine at Lloyds bank and then was shoved by a male who then grabbed the money.
The thief was then chased by a member of the public before escaping in a silver Golf.
The woman was unhurt.
Theone Nicols, 22, was an eyewitness and said: "It was honestly horrible to see something like that happen to an elderly woman.
"I turned to my partner and he just dropped his bag and tried to catch him."
- 1 Obituary: The dentist who described how lucky he was to live in Beccles
- 2 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 3 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 Suffolk's sensational year on screen as filmmakers spend millions in county
- 6 Fire crews called to dog locked inside car in north Suffolk
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 This East Anglian cheese has been named one of the best in the UK
- 9 Police chased driver after car crashed into hedge, court hears
- 10 Trend for 'indoor jungles' causing house plant sales to rocket
Police enquiries are on going. Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting SC-03122021-87.