Man arrested after series of arson attacks reported
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a series of arson attacks in Bungay.
Suffolk Police arrested the man on Thursday, February 18, on suspicion of criminal damage and arson not endangering life.
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, and was later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
On February 2, bins were set alight in the Hillside Road West area of the town, and in the Queen's Road area days later on February 7.
Three earlier incidents, all in the Queen's Road area, had also been reported on December 6 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have urged anyone who may have witnessed the incidents, or who has information about them, to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/278/21 for the February 2 incident, 37/72059/20 for the February 7 incident, or 37/70774/20, 37/70762/20 or 37/70726/20 for the December 6 incidents.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 9 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 10 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price