Man arrested after series of arson attacks reported
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a series of arson attacks in Bungay.
Suffolk Police arrested the man on Thursday, February 18, on suspicion of criminal damage and arson not endangering life.
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, and was later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
On February 2, bins were set alight in the Hillside Road West area of the town, and in the Queen's Road area days later on February 7.
Three earlier incidents, all in the Queen's Road area, had also been reported on December 6 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have urged anyone who may have witnessed the incidents, or who has information about them, to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/278/21 for the February 2 incident, 37/72059/20 for the February 7 incident, or 37/70774/20, 37/70762/20 or 37/70726/20 for the December 6 incidents.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property