Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned drivers to make sure their cars are locked after a spate of vehicle break-ins in Beccles.
Three cars parked in Forbes Drive, Beccles, were entered "during the hours of darkness" into Tuesday, December 1, a spokesperson for Suffolk Police said.
The spokesperson said: "An insecure Audi parked on the driveway was entered.
"The vehicle owner was awoken by hearing voices and the car alarm going off. On checking the car, the door was found to be open.
"Another resident saw three male youths attempting to gain entry to a VW. The youths have opened the vehicle door, but have run away when confronted.
You may also want to watch:
"Entry was gained to a Vauxhall parked on a driveway via a door which has caused the alarm to sound."
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/69779/20.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.