Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned drivers to make sure their cars are locked after a spate of vehicle break-ins in Beccles.
Three cars parked in Forbes Drive, Beccles, were entered "during the hours of darkness" into Tuesday, December 1, a spokesperson for Suffolk Police said.
The spokesperson said: "An insecure Audi parked on the driveway was entered.
"The vehicle owner was awoken by hearing voices and the car alarm going off. On checking the car, the door was found to be open.
"Another resident saw three male youths attempting to gain entry to a VW. The youths have opened the vehicle door, but have run away when confronted.
You may also want to watch:
"Entry was gained to a Vauxhall parked on a driveway via a door which has caused the alarm to sound."
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/69779/20.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 6 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.