Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned drivers to make sure their cars are locked after a spate of vehicle break-ins in Beccles.
Three cars parked in Forbes Drive, Beccles, were entered "during the hours of darkness" into Tuesday, December 1, a spokesperson for Suffolk Police said.
The spokesperson said: "An insecure Audi parked on the driveway was entered.
"The vehicle owner was awoken by hearing voices and the car alarm going off. On checking the car, the door was found to be open.
"Another resident saw three male youths attempting to gain entry to a VW. The youths have opened the vehicle door, but have run away when confronted.
You may also want to watch:
"Entry was gained to a Vauxhall parked on a driveway via a door which has caused the alarm to sound."
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/69779/20.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.