'Do not use the link': Warning over scam emails
- Credit: Rawpixel.com - Fotolia
Businesses are being warned following numerous reports of scam emails being sent that claim to be from Companies House.
Suffolk Trading Standards has warned people to be aware of the 'company complaint' emails from someone purporting to be from Companies House.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "Business Scam Alert!
"We are getting reports from many businesses of an email purporting to be from Companies House.
"If you get this email, do not use the link.
"The link goes to a php page that isn't hosted on a UK Government website."
The email states: "We've received an online company complaint ref-101220-OCC6XU73R290HT8."
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
It has the subject header: "Online company complaint ref-151220-BTC2XU590R2HT8."
Trading Standards officers warned that if you get this email, then you should forward it to to the national Cyber Security Centre's Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS) at Report@Phishing.Gov.UK