'Please refuse to buy': Fresh warning as 'Nottingham Knockers' target homes
- Credit: Suffolk Trading Standards
Homeowners are being urged to remain vigilant following a spate of unwanted house calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards has issued a fresh warning to residents about a group of people, who have been attempting to sell household items in the Lowestoft and Beccles area.
Now they have been reported "calling at properties in Mutford" on Tuesday, May 25.
They knock at doors and claim to be ex-convicts attempting to mend their ways, before trying to sell the householder everyday household products at very high prices.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "They may still be in the area or could have moved on elsewhere in the county or East Suffolk area.
You may also want to watch:
"These Nottingham Knockers work in gangs across the country and they are not involved in any officially recognised offender rehabilitation programme.
"If you are approached at the door, please refuse to buy."
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 10 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
Instead report them to Trading Standards via 0808 223 1133.