Two arrested after driver rammed police cars and level crossing
- Credit: Nicholas Allison
Two men have been arrested in connection with a crash that saw a driver ram two police cars before careering into a level crossing.
A black Clio collided with two police cars before the driver escaped after crashing into a level crossing on the B1531 Victoria Road, with the junction of Bridge Road, in Oulton Broad on April 14.
Police said that the vehicles had not been chasing the driver at the time of the crash that caused delays on roads across Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: "Today, Wednesday, April 28, officers from Operation Sentinel arrested two persons in connection to a road traffic collision at Oulton Broad, on the B1531 Victoria Road, on April 14.
"A male, aged 24 from the Lowestoft area, was arrested for aggravated vehicle taking, driving whilst disqualified and failing to stop for police/failing to report an accident.
"A male, aged 23 from the Lowestoft area, was arrested for attempting to pervert the course of justice."
You may also want to watch:
Both men remain in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached