Cupid’s arrow strikes for Mexican couple who fell in love over a Suffolk beer
- Credit: Archant
During what is perhaps the most romantic time of the year, a beer from Suffolk has helped two people across the other side of the world find love.
Celeste Rosas contacted St Peter's Brewery in St Peter, South Elmham, near Bungay, to explain she had been in a relationship with her girlfriend Erika Nava for almost a year and was completely in love - all because of a pint of St Peter's Honey Porter.
Miss Rosas, who lives in Mexico, wrote to the company asking if Steve Magnall, CEO at the brewery, would be prepared to send out a personalised beer for her to present to her other half.
Miss Rosas wrote: 'Something we've never forgotten is that when we first met, we were both drinking a St Peter's Honey Porter and, in fact, the beer was the reason why we started talking.
'Our first anniversary is really close and I've been thinking of doing something special for Erika. Then an idea came to my mind. Wouldn't it be perfect to create a 'special edition' of the Honey Porter personalised with her name and the date of our anniversary. Could you help?'
Quick to react, the company got in touch with its local label producer Anglia Labels to ask if they could create a dozen special labels to adorn 12 bottles of St Peter's Honey Porter to be sent out to Miss Rosas and surprise Miss Nava.
Mr Magnall said: 'It's so nice to receive letters from our customers, we pride ourselves on making beers that create a talking point, so to know that one of our beers helped two people find love is really lovely. With such a heart-warming request, we knew we had to fulfil it and we hope Celeste and her girlfriend enjoy their special beer and a long and happy life together.'
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 4 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Investigation into fatal aircraft crash continues
- 10 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
St Peter's Honey Porter is a traditional English porter, which is auburn in colour and finished with honey for a unique aroma and taste. There are also flavours of chocolate and hints of vanilla.
• For more information about St Peter's Brewery visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk