Woman cyclist dies in collision with lorry
- Credit: Archant
A woman cyclist has died following a road traffic collision with a lorry in Bungay.
Police were called by the ambulance service at just before 3pm yesterday to reports of a collision involving a bicycle and an HGV on St John's Road in the town, near to the junction of Hillside Road West.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said next of kin had been informed.
The road remains closed to allow an investigation into the circumstances of the collision to continue and local diversions have been put in place.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving beforehand, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference CAD 188 of May 28.
- 1 Family and friends raise £4,000 and walk in memory of Bungay man
- 2 Man's act of kindness to donate Christmas meals to vulnerable
- 3 Man taken to hospital after two vehicle crash in north Suffolk
- 4 'Destiny' of Bungay now in its own hands amid overhaul of services
- 5 Delight as town's Christmas Tree Festival is roaring success
- 6 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
- 7 Omicron - How it impacts region, local shops and public transport
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 'Fascinating craft' to be demonstrated during special exhibition
- 10 Celebrate Christmas while supporting charity at special concert