Cyclist missing from Bungay
Family members and police are becoming concerned about a 73-year-old Bungay man who went missing in Ditchingham yesterday.John Christopher was last seen cycling in the area of “Chicken Roundabout” on the A143 at Ditchingham, Norfolk at around 3pm, and has not returned to his home in Flixton Road in Bungay.
Family members and police are becoming concerned about a 73-year-old Bungay man who went missing in Ditchingham yesterday.
John Christopher was last seen cycling in the area of “Chicken Roundabout” on the A143 at Ditchingham, Norfolk at around 3pm, and has not returned to his home in Flixton Road in Bungay.
He had intended to cycle to the Thwaite area of Norfolk. He is very vulnerable and it is out of character for him to go missing in this way. Officers are particularly concerned that he may be out in a rural area unfamiliar to him in poor weather.
Searches of the area by both Suffolk and Norfolk Police, around his home and where he was cycling, have so far failed to locate Mr Christopher. Officers are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
He is white, 6 foot tall, of slim build, with short white hair and sometimes wears glasses. He was wearing a brown jacket, a camel fleece, grey trousers, light brown shoes, odd coloured socks and cycle clips when last seen. He was riding a green Raleigh bicycle with a basket on the front.
Anyone who knows of Mr Christopher's whereabouts or who has been in contact with him should call Bungay Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay