Dance to support Beccles mayor’s appeal
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Beccles Mayoral Appeal annual dinner dance is fast approaching and this year will be supporting Beccles Community Arts and the Waveney Stardust.
The dance, which will be held at The Waveney House Hotel in Beccles on Friday, November 7, is a black tie event including a three-course meal and dancing to live band Wapscallion.
A silent auction will also be taking place to raise funds for the Mayor’s Appeal which is supporting the Beccles Community Arts community stage project and the Waveney Stardust charity which offers broadland cruises for the elderly and disabled.
Mrs Topping said: “The community stage is a project Beccles Community Arts have been raising funds and awareness for now for several years through hosting, amongst other things, the annual Harvest Moon Festival at Beccles Quay.
“And the Waveney Stardust and Waveney Stardust II are two boats wholly run by a group of dedicated volunteers, who have for 25 years been running trips on the River Waveney for less able bodied and minded people. They have just had a record breaking year and as they wind down this season hope to have an even more successful one next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £35 from Beccles Town Hall on 01502 712109. Anyone who would like to support by donating a lot for the silent auction can use the same contact. Mrs Topping would like to thank those who have already pledged lots including Beccles Golf Club, Wine Vaults, Waveney Stardust, TS Brave, Tesco, MP Peter Aldous, Mr and Mrs Loftstadt, Mr and Mrs Taylor and Ellough Training Centre.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor