Town gets set for key role in filming of Danny Boyle blockbuster
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Members of the cast and crew are set to descend on a market town for the filming of a hotly-tipped romantic comedy.
Halesworth has been assigned a key role in the making of Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis’ latest film, thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed and rumoured to feature a cameo from Ed Sheeran.
Tomorrow will see the Working Title production team undertake preparation work, before a day of filming takes place on Wednesday, May 2.
The film’s location manager said: “Our filming activity will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare itself.
“We plan to do some set dressing on the Thoroughfare. Our night scene requires rain so we will be bringing in Special FX Rain stands to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Thoroughfare will remain open to traffic, but there are likely to be short hold-ups during the filming process.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk