Town gets set for key role in filming of Danny Boyle blockbuster
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Members of the cast and crew are set to descend on a market town for the filming of a hotly-tipped romantic comedy.
Halesworth has been assigned a key role in the making of Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis’ latest film, thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed and rumoured to feature a cameo from Ed Sheeran.
Tomorrow will see the Working Title production team undertake preparation work, before a day of filming takes place on Wednesday, May 2.
The film’s location manager said: “Our filming activity will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare itself.
“We plan to do some set dressing on the Thoroughfare. Our night scene requires rain so we will be bringing in Special FX Rain stands to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Thoroughfare will remain open to traffic, but there are likely to be short hold-ups during the filming process.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney