Town gets set for key role in filming of Danny Boyle blockbuster
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Members of the cast and crew are set to descend on a market town for the filming of a hotly-tipped romantic comedy.
Halesworth has been assigned a key role in the making of Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis’ latest film, thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed and rumoured to feature a cameo from Ed Sheeran.
Tomorrow will see the Working Title production team undertake preparation work, before a day of filming takes place on Wednesday, May 2.
The film’s location manager said: “Our filming activity will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare itself.
“We plan to do some set dressing on the Thoroughfare. Our night scene requires rain so we will be bringing in Special FX Rain stands to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Thoroughfare will remain open to traffic, but there are likely to be short hold-ups during the filming process.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 4 Welcome to our new website
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found