Town gets set for key role in filming of Danny Boyle blockbuster
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Members of the cast and crew are set to descend on a market town for the filming of a hotly-tipped romantic comedy.
Halesworth has been assigned a key role in the making of Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis’ latest film, thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed and rumoured to feature a cameo from Ed Sheeran.
Tomorrow will see the Working Title production team undertake preparation work, before a day of filming takes place on Wednesday, May 2.
The film’s location manager said: “Our filming activity will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare itself.
“We plan to do some set dressing on the Thoroughfare. Our night scene requires rain so we will be bringing in Special FX Rain stands to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The Thoroughfare will remain open to traffic, but there are likely to be short hold-ups during the filming process.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside