Danny Boyle spotted outside cash and carry store as market town prepares for leading role in new film
- Credit: Archant
Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle was spotted outside a Suffolk cash and carry store today as filming for his latest movie got under way.
Boyle was seen outside Booker Wholesale, in Oulton near Lowestoft, while filming for his new romantic comedy went on inside.
The film, which is also produced by Richard Curtis, is thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed.
There was a bustle of activity as the production team coordinated the day’s events, with Boyle and Curtis occasionally seen walking in and out of the store.
A filming platform was constructed at one end of the car park, while members of the public looked on with interest as they drove past.
You may also want to watch:
Publicists for Working Title Films remained tight-lipped as to the nature of today’s filming, but confirmed that Baby Driver star Lily James was involved alongside Himish Patel, who played Tamwar Masood in Eastenders.
However, they went on to say that Suffolk megastar Ed Sheeran – rumoured to be making a cameo appearance in the film - had no role to play in the day’s proceedings.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Some of the movie was shot at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Monday. The hospital would only confirm the filming had taken place.
The project will now move across Suffolk to Halesworth where production crews have been setting up for tomorrow’s shoot.
It appears the town will provide the setting for a dramatic rain scene.
Nigel Kemp, owner of Halesworth Toy Shop, said: “A lot of the scenes will be done when the shops are closed and they are bringing in big rain machines for a night time rain scene.
“They told us to make sure we keep our windows and doors shut.”
Filming will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare.
Emma Saunders, who owns The Hideout Café spoke of the excitement which has gripped the town since filming was announced.
She said: “It will be great for the town and put Halesworth on the map.
“People are really excited and have been coming in and asking questions.”
Mrs Saunders and members of her staff are set to feature as extras when filming takes place.
“She added: “We are terrified but excited.
“We have never had anything like this in Halesworth before; it will be an amazing experience.”