Charity baker jubilant after raising £1,000 on Armed Forces Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A baker whose cake sales have raised thousands for Help for Heroes is celebrating after another successful Armed Forces Day.
With hungry punters congregating at his Burgh St Peter home on Saturday, David Brown raised £1074.35 for the charity which helps service personnel suffering with physical and mental disabilities.
The effort took his total since last year's Armed Forces Day to more than £11,000 and, over the coming weeks, Mr Brown will present a cheque to Help for Heroes at their headquarters in Wiltshire.
"The day was absolutely fantastic," said Mr Brown. "In fact I kept running out of sausage rolls and had to go back into kitchen to make more as the day went on!
"We had a brilliant turnout as usual. I am always so well supported by the village but there were a lot of new people and one couple even came up from Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
"I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw the total. I knew it was a good day, but not that good."
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award