Baker to return with cake sale in aid of Help for Heroes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A dedicated baker who has raised tens of thousands for Help for Heroes is set to return with his latest cake sale.
David Brown will be back in Beccles on Saturday, June 15, to raise money for the charity which helps service personnel suffering with both physical and mental disabilities.
Mr Brown has already made £9,600 for Help for Heroes since last July and is returning to Exchange Square with his usual array of treats from 7.30am. Since Armed Forces Day began in 2009, Mr Brown and his late wife, Pat, have generated more than £85,000.
"I'll be there until we've sold out," he said. "There will be cakes, chutneys, sausage rolls and perhaps even beef pies if I have time!"
"People in Beccles and the surrounding area and so supportive of me, especially when they know where the money is going."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brown will also hold stalls at Sotterley Charity Fair on June 23 and in his Burgh St Peter garden from 8am on Armed Forces Day.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?