Baker to return with cake sale in aid of Help for Heroes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A dedicated baker who has raised tens of thousands for Help for Heroes is set to return with his latest cake sale.
David Brown will be back in Beccles on Saturday, June 15, to raise money for the charity which helps service personnel suffering with both physical and mental disabilities.
Mr Brown has already made £9,600 for Help for Heroes since last July and is returning to Exchange Square with his usual array of treats from 7.30am. Since Armed Forces Day began in 2009, Mr Brown and his late wife, Pat, have generated more than £85,000.
"I'll be there until we've sold out," he said. "There will be cakes, chutneys, sausage rolls and perhaps even beef pies if I have time!"
"People in Beccles and the surrounding area and so supportive of me, especially when they know where the money is going."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brown will also hold stalls at Sotterley Charity Fair on June 23 and in his Burgh St Peter garden from 8am on Armed Forces Day.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 10 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers