Day of Dance will return to Halesworth
After the success of its first ever event, Halesworth’s Day of Dance will be returning to the town on March 12.
Last year, 15 Morris, Molly and Rapper sides descended on the town, which was well-supported by the community with the Scouts, Edgar Sewter Primary School and even the local community bus pitching in.
The second Day of Dance will be spread across five venues - Market Square, the White Swan, The Angel, The White Hart and the Thoroughfare Bridge.
It will also feature the debut performance of Halesworth’s own side, the Halesworth Morris Monkeys, made up of pupils of Edgar Sewter School who have been learning a mixture of Molly dancing and Border Morris.
Organiser Zoe-Anne Wadey said: “Initially the event was to be a one off, but local businesses were so pleased that the town council has decided to support this as an annual event.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s event started with breakfast at Tilly’s 1920s cafe, followed by four mass dances in the market square.
The dance programme was put together by Jan Robinson which made sure that all sides got a chance to dance, and all sides danced at all five venues at the local pubs, some of which provided refreshments for the dancers. It finished with a relaxing evening event at the Rifle Hall where each side provided some form of entertainment including Ceilidh dancing, folk singing and even a sand dance.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The 2016 Halesworth Day of Dance will run from 10am to 4pm, starting with a mass dance in the market square, followed by a parade through the Thoroughfare which will drop off sides at their starting venues.