Decision on Rainbow expansion delayed
THE decision on a bid by Rainbow Coop to expand its Halesworth store has been postponed.The item was on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday by the planning committee at Waveney District Council.
THE decision on a bid by Rainbow Coop to expand its Halesworth store has been postponed.
The item was on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday by the planning committee at Waveney District Council.
A spokesman for the council said that drainage issues meant the decision had to be postponed, although a new date for a decision has not yet been set.
Rainbow bosses want increase the size of the store on Saxons Way and to demolish its petrol station. They say it would improve shopping for the town, increase the number of its car parking spaces and improve the movement of traffic and pedestrians around the car park.
You may also want to watch:
If approved, the application would also enable the supermarket to expand by about one third, and the shop would retain its existing design.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published