Decision on Rainbow expansion delayed
THE decision on a bid by Rainbow Coop to expand its Halesworth store has been postponed.The item was on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday by the planning committee at Waveney District Council.
THE decision on a bid by Rainbow Coop to expand its Halesworth store has been postponed.
The item was on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday by the planning committee at Waveney District Council.
A spokesman for the council said that drainage issues meant the decision had to be postponed, although a new date for a decision has not yet been set.
Rainbow bosses want increase the size of the store on Saxons Way and to demolish its petrol station. They say it would improve shopping for the town, increase the number of its car parking spaces and improve the movement of traffic and pedestrians around the car park.
You may also want to watch:
If approved, the application would also enable the supermarket to expand by about one third, and the shop would retain its existing design.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?