Decision on Rainbow expansion delayed
THE decision on a bid by Rainbow Coop to expand its Halesworth store has been postponed.The item was on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday by the planning committee at Waveney District Council.
THE decision on a bid by Rainbow Coop to expand its Halesworth store has been postponed.
The item was on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday by the planning committee at Waveney District Council.
A spokesman for the council said that drainage issues meant the decision had to be postponed, although a new date for a decision has not yet been set.
Rainbow bosses want increase the size of the store on Saxons Way and to demolish its petrol station. They say it would improve shopping for the town, increase the number of its car parking spaces and improve the movement of traffic and pedestrians around the car park.
You may also want to watch:
If approved, the application would also enable the supermarket to expand by about one third, and the shop would retain its existing design.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history