Decorate your ducks for return of Bungay races
- Credit: Archant
Feathers are beginning to flutter in Bungay as the town gets set for the second Great Bungay Duck Race.
The event will be held on Falcon Meadow on July 10, and funds raised will go towards securing the space for the enjoyment of local people.
Building on the success of last year’s event when there were two duck races - one for sponsored business ducks and a more traditional duckling race - a larger event is planned for this year with the introduction of a puddle duck fancy dress competition and race.
Participants are invited to decorate their puddle duck and enter it on the day for judging. Trophies will include the best dressed duck and ugliest duckling, and will be judged by Emma Beese, who runs the Little Black Dog Wardrobe, and is sponsoring the awards. After the fancy dress competition, puddle ducks can be entered in their own race.
One of the event organisers, Sally Harrington, said: “Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors we are able to offer some lovely prizes, including a meal at the Suffolk Stonehouse, tickets for the Fisher Theatre and return tickets on the Big Dog Ferry.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the support of our partners, puddle ducks and duckling race, tickets are available at locations throughout the town including the library, Fisher Theatre, Art Trading Company, John Groom’s, Moth Crafts, Gidden’s and Thompson, the Pet Shop, and A Sweet For You.”
There will also be the chance for organisations to sponsor a business duck and there will be a display and competition for the best dressed duck awards.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
And as well as the races there will be live music, a beer tent, bouncy castle, and displays. For more details visit www.falconmeadow.org.uk