Delays after two cars crash near busy roundabout
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are experiencing delays and bus routes have been cancelled after a car crash on a main road on the Norfolk and Suffolk border.
Shortly before 10.50am, emergency services were called to the collision in Gillingham, near Beccles.
Two cars were involved in the collision, leaving one side of the A146 between the Gillingham access roundabout and the main road blocked, though traffic is reportedly moving slowly between Morrisons and McDonalds.
It is not yet known whether anyone was injured in the crash.
Borderbus said that their 146 and 580 buses cannot currently serve Gillingham resulting in minor delays to both services.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said they are currently on scene, after receiving a call from the ambulance service.
Norfolk Police tweeted: "The A146 at Gillingham is currently closed following a collision between two cars. Motorists are being advised to avoid the area."
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
Norfolk Police and the East of England ambulance service have been contacted for comment.