Delays after two cars crash near busy roundabout
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are experiencing delays and bus routes have been cancelled after a car crash on a main road on the Norfolk and Suffolk border.
Shortly before 10.50am, emergency services were called to the collision in Gillingham, near Beccles.
Two cars were involved in the collision, leaving one side of the A146 between the Gillingham access roundabout and the main road blocked, though traffic is reportedly moving slowly between Morrisons and McDonalds.
It is not yet known whether anyone was injured in the crash.
Borderbus said that their 146 and 580 buses cannot currently serve Gillingham resulting in minor delays to both services.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said they are currently on scene, after receiving a call from the ambulance service.
Norfolk Police tweeted: "The A146 at Gillingham is currently closed following a collision between two cars. Motorists are being advised to avoid the area."
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Norfolk Police and the East of England ambulance service have been contacted for comment.