Disney faces join carnival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Princesses and villains are set to team up with Woody and Buzz Lightyear in the streets of Halesworth for this year’s Lions carnival.
Walt Disney films has been chosen as the theme of the event on Sunday, June 14 with decorated floats, cars and individuals joining the procession throughout the town.
It sets off at 1pm from Blyth Road industrial estate and makes its way to the town park where a fete is taking place from 12pm.
Hundreds of people are expected to line the streets for the parade and attend the fete where entry is free.
John Keeble, a member of Halesworth Lions and the organiser of this year’s carnival, said: “There will be attractions for all the family, including a Punch and Judy show, clowns, face painting, a variety of stalls and music from Suffolk Samba Band.”
You may also want to watch:
Animal lovers are in for a treat when, for the first time at Halesworth carnival, visitors can watch a display from the Waggy Tails dog team.
There will be plenty of food and drink available, including the Lions barbecue and the Lions tea tent.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47
At 4pm, attention moves to the River Blyth in the park where the annual duck race takes place.
Places are still available for anyone who would like to take part in the parade, contact John Keeble on 07599 099229 or 01986 872994 and to book a stall, contact Carol Draper on 01986 872737.
Do you have a story for Halesworth? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 712060.