Dracula, dance and animation
- Credit: Archant
A week-long festival celebrating the World of Animation will be held in and around Loddon next week.
Kicking off on Thursday, there will be a week of themed activities including a free family fireworks display complete with a barbecue at the White Horse in Chedgrave next Friday from 5.45pm.
The following day on October 26, there will be arts and craft stalls, entertainment and hot and cold food at the Jubilee Hall in Loddon.
There will also be a grand street procession, including Funky Feet Dancers, stilt walkers, a marching band, army and sea cadets, leaving The Brian Clarke Rooms in Chedgrave at 6pm, parading through the streets and ending at the Jubilee Hall, where there will be a DJ and live music.
On Monday, October 28, there will be free family fun at the Jubilee Hall from 10am to noon and the festival will come to a close on October 31.
You may also want to watch:
As a lead up to the festival, Loddon Mill Arts will be hosting a production of Dracula presented by the Keepers Daughter Theatre Company tonight.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start and the production is suitable for all ages.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
Details of all of these events and more are available by calling 01508 520204.
•The Funky Feet School of Dance and Performing Arts will be presenting their annual dance show at Hobart High School this weekend.
The show is a fun family show with more than 100 local children aged from two to 18 taking part in tap, modern, ballet, street dance, singing, drama and musical theatre.
Performances will take place at 1pm and 6pm tomorrow and at 1pm on Sunday. Tickets cost £8.50, £7.50 for concessions or £5 for children, available from 01508 520889.