Driver named in Halesworth crash
THE driver who was killed yesterday when his car hit a tree has been named as Maxwell Dougal, from Halesworth.The 33-year-old died at the scene near the level crossing on the A144 between Halesworth and Bramfield.
THE driver who was killed yesterday when his car hit a tree has been named as Maxwell Dougal, from Halesworth.
The 33-year-old died at the scene near the level crossing on the A144 between Halesworth and Bramfield.
Mr Dougal, who was driving a red Toyota Yaris, was declared dead at the scene, a quarter of a mile north of Bramfield. It is thought he was travelling from the Halesworth direction to the A12.
The road was closed when emergency services arrived shortly after 9.30am, and re-opened at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed