Driver named in Halesworth crash
THE driver who was killed yesterday when his car hit a tree has been named as Maxwell Dougal, from Halesworth.The 33-year-old died at the scene near the level crossing on the A144 between Halesworth and Bramfield.
THE driver who was killed yesterday when his car hit a tree has been named as Maxwell Dougal, from Halesworth.
The 33-year-old died at the scene near the level crossing on the A144 between Halesworth and Bramfield.
Mr Dougal, who was driving a red Toyota Yaris, was declared dead at the scene, a quarter of a mile north of Bramfield. It is thought he was travelling from the Halesworth direction to the A12.
The road was closed when emergency services arrived shortly after 9.30am, and re-opened at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 2 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 3 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 4 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home