Driver pulled into path of car
AN 83-year-old driver died after he pulled out of a junction into the path of a car, an inquest had heard.Ralph Seaman suffered multiple injuries, including several fractures, following the crash on the A12 at Wangford, near Southwold, on February 20.
AN 83-year-old driver died after he pulled out of a junction into the path of a car, an inquest has heard.
Ralph Seaman suffered multiple injuries, including several fractures, following the crash on the A12 at Wangford, near Southwold, on February 20.
A hearing on Friday at Lowestoft Magistrates' Court was told Mr Seaman's Skoda was at the junction of the A12 and B1126.
Witnesses saw the Skoda pull on to the main road before crashing with a Vauxhall Astra being driven southbound at about 50mph by a woman. She braked heavily, but police investigators said she did not have enough time to avoid a collision.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Seaman, of Old School Close, Brampton, near Beccles, was still conscious after the crash and members of the public helped pull him out of the car because the engine was running and smoke was visible. He died later at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Greater Suffolk deputy coroner Yvonne Blake recorded a verdict of accidental death.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home