Driver pulled into path of car
AN 83-year-old driver died after he pulled out of a junction into the path of a car, an inquest had heard.Ralph Seaman suffered multiple injuries, including several fractures, following the crash on the A12 at Wangford, near Southwold, on February 20.
AN 83-year-old driver died after he pulled out of a junction into the path of a car, an inquest has heard.
Ralph Seaman suffered multiple injuries, including several fractures, following the crash on the A12 at Wangford, near Southwold, on February 20.
A hearing on Friday at Lowestoft Magistrates' Court was told Mr Seaman's Skoda was at the junction of the A12 and B1126.
Witnesses saw the Skoda pull on to the main road before crashing with a Vauxhall Astra being driven southbound at about 50mph by a woman. She braked heavily, but police investigators said she did not have enough time to avoid a collision.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Seaman, of Old School Close, Brampton, near Beccles, was still conscious after the crash and members of the public helped pull him out of the car because the engine was running and smoke was visible. He died later at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Greater Suffolk deputy coroner Yvonne Blake recorded a verdict of accidental death.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft