Driver trapped for over an hour following two car crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver was trapped for over an hour when the car they were travelling in collided with another vehicle on a busy road.
The accident occurred just after 12pm along the Norwich Road, near Ditchingham, on Friday, February 2.
Firefighters from Beccles and Harleston quickly arrived on scene. They used specialised hydraulic equipment and were able to free the driver by 1.45pm.
Police and East of England Ambulance were also in attendance with the latter sending a rapid response vehicle and two ambulance crews to the scene.
One patient was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in Norwich, while another was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The road was blocked while emergency services conducted the rescue and secured the scene but reopened at 2.45pm.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Welcome to our new website
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found