Driver trapped for over an hour following two car crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver was trapped for over an hour when the car they were travelling in collided with another vehicle on a busy road.
The accident occurred just after 12pm along the Norwich Road, near Ditchingham, on Friday, February 2.
Firefighters from Beccles and Harleston quickly arrived on scene. They used specialised hydraulic equipment and were able to free the driver by 1.45pm.
Police and East of England Ambulance were also in attendance with the latter sending a rapid response vehicle and two ambulance crews to the scene.
One patient was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in Norwich, while another was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The road was blocked while emergency services conducted the rescue and secured the scene but reopened at 2.45pm.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 More than 150 people enjoy town's first ever Pride event
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
- 7 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 8 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 New signs to be installed after grandmother killed crossing A143