Driver trapped for over an hour following two car crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver was trapped for over an hour when the car they were travelling in collided with another vehicle on a busy road.
The accident occurred just after 12pm along the Norwich Road, near Ditchingham, on Friday, February 2.
Firefighters from Beccles and Harleston quickly arrived on scene. They used specialised hydraulic equipment and were able to free the driver by 1.45pm.
Police and East of England Ambulance were also in attendance with the latter sending a rapid response vehicle and two ambulance crews to the scene.
One patient was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in Norwich, while another was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The road was blocked while emergency services conducted the rescue and secured the scene but reopened at 2.45pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion