Drivers heed warnings to take care
MOTORISTS are heeding warnings and driving with care on the county's ice-ridden roads this morning, it has been claimed.Despite freezing temperatures overnight and snow showers sweeping across the county from Norfolk, no serious accidents have been reported so far today.
MOTORISTS are heeding warnings and driving with care on the county's ice-ridden roads this morning, it has been claimed.
Despite freezing temperatures overnight and snow showers sweeping across the county from Norfolk, no serious accidents have been reported so far today.
Louise Rosher, spokeswoman for Suffolk Police, said: “The weather conditions are still causing disruption around the county although we haven't had any significant issues on the roads.
“It appears people are exercising common sense and seem to be driving to the conditions.
“We would encourage that to continue.”
But there have been minor collisions as frozen roads cause problems for drivers on their way to work.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 3 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 4 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
- 10 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
Two cars collided on the A12 at Darsham at 7.21 this morning. No-one was injured but passengers were treated for shock.
A car also went into the central reservation on the west-bound carriageway of the A14 at Haughley at 7.50 this morning but police say the incident was not thought to be serious.
A Toyota Yaris also overturned at Bury Bottom on the B1106 heading towards Elveden at Brandon at 7.27am but no-one was injured.
A female driver was treated for shock after her car hit the central reservation on the west-bound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge at around 9.10am.
The inside lane of the bridge was blocked while police attended the scene and traffic was forced to use the outside lane.