Earsham FC appoints first president in club’s history
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk football club announced the appointment of their first President at their annual presentation evening.
Earsham FC held the annual event at Earsham Village Hall on Friday, May 11.
Keith “Pip” Penn was presented with a certificate by club chairman Peter Goodfellow to recognise all the good work he has done over 50 years for both Earsham FC and grassroots football in the area.
A spokesman for the club said: “This was a historical moment in Earsham Football Club’s 72 year history, as Pip is the very first person ever to have been made President.”
Also during the evening Gyles and Catherine Basey-Fisher were presented with a framed football shirt in recognition of the financial support provided by Masterseal Ltd to the club in the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Rostrom of Earsham Reserves won Player’s Player of the year and the Reserve Team Managers award, with Matthew Goodfellow winning First Team Player’s Player award and the Dale Clarke Memorial Cup, presented to him by Earsham FC’s first team manager, Alfie James.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 3 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory