Earsham FC appoints first president in club’s history
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk football club announced the appointment of their first President at their annual presentation evening.
Earsham FC held the annual event at Earsham Village Hall on Friday, May 11.
Keith “Pip” Penn was presented with a certificate by club chairman Peter Goodfellow to recognise all the good work he has done over 50 years for both Earsham FC and grassroots football in the area.
A spokesman for the club said: “This was a historical moment in Earsham Football Club’s 72 year history, as Pip is the very first person ever to have been made President.”
Also during the evening Gyles and Catherine Basey-Fisher were presented with a framed football shirt in recognition of the financial support provided by Masterseal Ltd to the club in the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Rostrom of Earsham Reserves won Player’s Player of the year and the Reserve Team Managers award, with Matthew Goodfellow winning First Team Player’s Player award and the Dale Clarke Memorial Cup, presented to him by Earsham FC’s first team manager, Alfie James.
- 1 'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown
- 2 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 3 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 4 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 5 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 6 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 7 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 10 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich