Earsham FC appoints first president in club’s history
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk football club announced the appointment of their first President at their annual presentation evening.
Earsham FC held the annual event at Earsham Village Hall on Friday, May 11.
Keith “Pip” Penn was presented with a certificate by club chairman Peter Goodfellow to recognise all the good work he has done over 50 years for both Earsham FC and grassroots football in the area.
A spokesman for the club said: “This was a historical moment in Earsham Football Club’s 72 year history, as Pip is the very first person ever to have been made President.”
Also during the evening Gyles and Catherine Basey-Fisher were presented with a framed football shirt in recognition of the financial support provided by Masterseal Ltd to the club in the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Rostrom of Earsham Reserves won Player’s Player of the year and the Reserve Team Managers award, with Matthew Goodfellow winning First Team Player’s Player award and the Dale Clarke Memorial Cup, presented to him by Earsham FC’s first team manager, Alfie James.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed