Earsham pupils take the crown at Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Earsham Primary School have been crowned the winners of the annual Bungay Rotary Club inter-schools quiz.
The quiz, which comprised of eight rounds with five questions in each, was held in the hall at St Edmund’s Primary School in Bungay on Tuesday.
The Earsham team beat Bungay Primary School in a three-question tie break after the two had tied at the end of the quiz.
Both schools will now go forward to the Waveney final at Long Stratton on June 5.
Seven teams took part this year, the others being Woodton, Ellingham, St Edmund’s, St Benet’s in Beccles - who won last year - and a joint St Benet’s and St Edmund’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The president of Bungay Rotary Club, Jonathan Watts, congratulated the teams and presented the trophies to the winning team, and certificates to all the children who took part in the event.
The questionmaster was Terry Reeve.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash