Earsham pupils take the crown at Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Earsham Primary School have been crowned the winners of the annual Bungay Rotary Club inter-schools quiz.
The quiz, which comprised of eight rounds with five questions in each, was held in the hall at St Edmund’s Primary School in Bungay on Tuesday.
The Earsham team beat Bungay Primary School in a three-question tie break after the two had tied at the end of the quiz.
Both schools will now go forward to the Waveney final at Long Stratton on June 5.
Seven teams took part this year, the others being Woodton, Ellingham, St Edmund’s, St Benet’s in Beccles - who won last year - and a joint St Benet’s and St Edmund’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The president of Bungay Rotary Club, Jonathan Watts, congratulated the teams and presented the trophies to the winning team, and certificates to all the children who took part in the event.
The questionmaster was Terry Reeve.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 5 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles