Earsham pupils take the crown at Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Earsham Primary School have been crowned the winners of the annual Bungay Rotary Club inter-schools quiz.
The quiz, which comprised of eight rounds with five questions in each, was held in the hall at St Edmund’s Primary School in Bungay on Tuesday.
The Earsham team beat Bungay Primary School in a three-question tie break after the two had tied at the end of the quiz.
Both schools will now go forward to the Waveney final at Long Stratton on June 5.
Seven teams took part this year, the others being Woodton, Ellingham, St Edmund’s, St Benet’s in Beccles - who won last year - and a joint St Benet’s and St Edmund’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The president of Bungay Rotary Club, Jonathan Watts, congratulated the teams and presented the trophies to the winning team, and certificates to all the children who took part in the event.
The questionmaster was Terry Reeve.
- 1 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 4 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 5 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
- 8 Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- 9 'A rare proposition': Construction continues on new development
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash