Earsham pupils take the crown at Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Earsham Primary School have been crowned the winners of the annual Bungay Rotary Club inter-schools quiz.
The quiz, which comprised of eight rounds with five questions in each, was held in the hall at St Edmund’s Primary School in Bungay on Tuesday.
The Earsham team beat Bungay Primary School in a three-question tie break after the two had tied at the end of the quiz.
Both schools will now go forward to the Waveney final at Long Stratton on June 5.
Seven teams took part this year, the others being Woodton, Ellingham, St Edmund’s, St Benet’s in Beccles - who won last year - and a joint St Benet’s and St Edmund’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The president of Bungay Rotary Club, Jonathan Watts, congratulated the teams and presented the trophies to the winning team, and certificates to all the children who took part in the event.
The questionmaster was Terry Reeve.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough