Earsham pupils take the crown at Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Earsham Primary School have been crowned the winners of the annual Bungay Rotary Club inter-schools quiz.
The quiz, which comprised of eight rounds with five questions in each, was held in the hall at St Edmund’s Primary School in Bungay on Tuesday.
The Earsham team beat Bungay Primary School in a three-question tie break after the two had tied at the end of the quiz.
Both schools will now go forward to the Waveney final at Long Stratton on June 5.
Seven teams took part this year, the others being Woodton, Ellingham, St Edmund’s, St Benet’s in Beccles - who won last year - and a joint St Benet’s and St Edmund’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The president of Bungay Rotary Club, Jonathan Watts, congratulated the teams and presented the trophies to the winning team, and certificates to all the children who took part in the event.
The questionmaster was Terry Reeve.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?