Wetland centre to host first event in series of themed days promoting specialist plant growers
- Credit: Archant
After a long and wet winter, spring is finally here and gardens are starting to come alive.
And the Earsham Wetland Centre is supporting a selection of the region’s best specialist plant growers, hosting themed plant days throughout the year.
On Saturday, April 14, the centre will be focusing on spring flowers and bulbs with an emphasis on anemone, pulmonaria, ranunculus and tulips.
Joe Sharman, from Monksilver Nursery in Cottenham, Cambridge, will be giving a short talk on primulas, looking at some of the interesting natural variations, old fashioned hybrids and species primula.
The event will run from 10am to 2pm and entry to the plant fair, primula talk and wetland centre is free
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also be able to meet the nine kids in the herd of native Bagot goats and see the new born lambs in a flock of Castlemilk Moorit Sheep.
For more information about Earsham Wetland Centre, visit www.earshamwetlandcentre.com, call 01986 893470 or search for Earsham Wetland Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles