Wetland centre to host first event in series of themed days promoting specialist plant growers
- Credit: Archant
After a long and wet winter, spring is finally here and gardens are starting to come alive.
And the Earsham Wetland Centre is supporting a selection of the region’s best specialist plant growers, hosting themed plant days throughout the year.
On Saturday, April 14, the centre will be focusing on spring flowers and bulbs with an emphasis on anemone, pulmonaria, ranunculus and tulips.
Joe Sharman, from Monksilver Nursery in Cottenham, Cambridge, will be giving a short talk on primulas, looking at some of the interesting natural variations, old fashioned hybrids and species primula.
The event will run from 10am to 2pm and entry to the plant fair, primula talk and wetland centre is free
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also be able to meet the nine kids in the herd of native Bagot goats and see the new born lambs in a flock of Castlemilk Moorit Sheep.
For more information about Earsham Wetland Centre, visit www.earshamwetlandcentre.com, call 01986 893470 or search for Earsham Wetland Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist