Wetland centre to host first event in series of themed days promoting specialist plant growers
- Credit: Archant
After a long and wet winter, spring is finally here and gardens are starting to come alive.
And the Earsham Wetland Centre is supporting a selection of the region’s best specialist plant growers, hosting themed plant days throughout the year.
On Saturday, April 14, the centre will be focusing on spring flowers and bulbs with an emphasis on anemone, pulmonaria, ranunculus and tulips.
Joe Sharman, from Monksilver Nursery in Cottenham, Cambridge, will be giving a short talk on primulas, looking at some of the interesting natural variations, old fashioned hybrids and species primula.
The event will run from 10am to 2pm and entry to the plant fair, primula talk and wetland centre is free
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also be able to meet the nine kids in the herd of native Bagot goats and see the new born lambs in a flock of Castlemilk Moorit Sheep.
For more information about Earsham Wetland Centre, visit www.earshamwetlandcentre.com, call 01986 893470 or search for Earsham Wetland Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published