Earsham woman starts 2017 five dress sizes smaller
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Earsham has started the New Year three stone lighter and five dress sizes smaller thanks to Slimming World.
Jenny Hawthorne, 38, joined the weight loss group in Bungay in September 2015. She weighed 12st 13lb at her heaviest and wore a dress size 20.
But now, after losing over three stone, Miss Hawthorne has slimmed down to 9st 9.5lbs and wears a dress size 10.
She said: “I was really looking forward to Christmas and finally feeling comfortable enough in my own skin to enjoy socialising and wearing the outfits I always dreamed of and I know this year will be fantastic.
“When I was bigger I often felt quite unhappy. I didn’t like what I saw when I looked in the mirror, I hated shopping for clothes and I felt self-conscious most of the time. Now it’s sometimes still hard to remember that the slim woman in the mirror is me, things are completely different and I feel much more confident than I used to.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hawthorne said she was nervous about joining the group, but was soon made to feel welcome by the other members.
She lost weight following the organisation’s Food Optimising healthy eating plan.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
She said: “I actually eat the same things now as before – curries, roast dinners, pasta dishes – but they’re all made from scratch and I still eat out too – I just make healthier choices like having pasta with a tomato and vegetable sauce instead of meals that are fried or covered in creamy sauces or dressings.”
Miss Hawthorne suffers from MS, but has also become more active when she can, and likes to go for a 10 to 20 minute walk each day which has got a lot easier with the weight coming off.
Sharon Webber, who runs the Bungay group, said: “As Jenny shows, whether you’ve got a little or a lot of weight to lose, slimming down can make a big difference to how you feel about yourself and really boost your confidence.
“She’s happier, healthier and fitter than ever – the group love hearing about new recipes that Jenny and her family enjoy trying every week.
“People might be put off joining a slimming group but taking that first step if you’re unhappy about your weight could be the best gift you give yourself.”
The Bungay Slimming World Group meets at The Chaucer Club every Monday at 5.30pm or 7.30pm. Ms Webber is also starting a new group at Worlingham Primary School on Thursdays at 7.30pm. To find out more call 07877814176 or just turn up to a session.