New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- Credit: East Anglian Schools Trust
A school's incoming headteacher has spoken of her delight at taking the reins.
Chanel Oswick will leave her role as vice principal at Wymondham High School to take over from previous headteacher Angelo Goduti at Bungay High School, with Mr Goduti becoming chief executive of the East Anglian Schools Trust (EAST).
She said: "I am absolutely thrilled and feel very fortunate to be taking over as headteacher.
"After a demanding 18 months for all schools, I know the start of the new academic year will provide us with the opportunity to further enhance our excellent standards of learning and enrichment opportunities across the school and Sixth Form, and work with our wider community to support one another after a challenging time.
"Our hardworking and committed staff have high aspirations for all students and we pride ourselves on our reputation for forming strong relationships with our pupils and their families, so I am keen to meet our community to build on these even further.
You may also want to watch:
"We are oversubscribed for our new Year 7 and with a large multi-million-pound expansion building project on the way, I could not be prouder of joining the school and EAST at this ambitious and exciting time.
"Being able to lead such a fantastic school, its staff and students through this stage of its development and beyond will be an absolute privilege.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
Other schools in the EAST family include Farlingaye High and Kesgrave High Schools, as well as Castle EAST School - a new SEND school opening in Bungay in September.
Mr Goduti said: "We are extremely fortunate to have a headteacher of Mrs Oswick's calibre leading Bungay High from September.
"She will be an asset to our school community and the wider Trust.
"I know that our students, staff and wider school community will benefit enormously from her leadership."
Sylvia Knights, chair of governors, said: "This is a very exciting time for Bungay High School.
"Governors and our Trust board are pleased Mr Goduti will continue to be part of our schools' success moving forward and we are delighted with the appointment of Mrs Oswick as our new headteacher.
"We have the utmost confidence she will be a strong, innovative leader of our school and the wider community."