Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school
- Credit: Langley School
A Newcastle Falcons star will be lining up at a Norfolk school from September after being appointed head of rugby.
Sam Lockwood, who has been with the Premiership side for five years, will take on his new role from September, as well as becoming head of boys' boarding, at Langley School's Loddon campus, a partner school for Leicester Tigers.
His wife Charlotte, meanwhile, will be teaching at the Langley Prep campus in Taverham.
Headmaster Jon Perriss said: "Rugby is one of our major sports and we know that Sam will bring an incredible amount of experience and expertise to the school.
"We have no doubt he will also be a role model and true leader in our boarding community.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an exciting time and we very much look forward to welcoming Sam and Charlotte into the Langley family."
Mr Lockwood's career includes a coveted England Students cap, gained while studying at Leeds Met University.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Let's staycation in...Beccles