Elderly woman reports missing jewellery after man visits home claiming to check electricity meter
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman is believed to have been the victim of a distraction burglary after a man visited her home, claiming to check the electricity meter upstairs.
The incident occurred at around 10.30am on Denmark Road in Beccles on Sunday, March 17, and the woman noticed two items of jewellery were missing on Thursday, March 21.
Suffolk Police, who describe the woman as elderly, have appealed for witnesses following the report of a potential distraction burglary.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police say the man is tall and middle-aged.
Anyone who witnessed a suspicious person or vehicle in the area at the time is urged to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police Station by calling 101 and quoting crime reference number 16051/19.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home