Elderly woman reports missing jewellery after man visits home claiming to check electricity meter
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman is believed to have been the victim of a distraction burglary after a man visited her home, claiming to check the electricity meter upstairs.
The incident occurred at around 10.30am on Denmark Road in Beccles on Sunday, March 17, and the woman noticed two items of jewellery were missing on Thursday, March 21.
Suffolk Police, who describe the woman as elderly, have appealed for witnesses following the report of a potential distraction burglary.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police say the man is tall and middle-aged.
Anyone who witnessed a suspicious person or vehicle in the area at the time is urged to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police Station by calling 101 and quoting crime reference number 16051/19.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl