Elderly woman reports missing jewellery after man visits home claiming to check electricity meter
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman is believed to have been the victim of a distraction burglary after a man visited her home, claiming to check the electricity meter upstairs.
The incident occurred at around 10.30am on Denmark Road in Beccles on Sunday, March 17, and the woman noticed two items of jewellery were missing on Thursday, March 21.
Suffolk Police, who describe the woman as elderly, have appealed for witnesses following the report of a potential distraction burglary.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police say the man is tall and middle-aged.
Anyone who witnessed a suspicious person or vehicle in the area at the time is urged to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police Station by calling 101 and quoting crime reference number 16051/19.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47