Election called for two vacant seats on town council
- Credit: Archant
A by-election will be held for the two vacant seats on Halesworth Town Council.
The election will take place on Thursday, March 1, and the council is welcoming anyone interested in representing the town to find out more about the role.
The seats have become vacant following the resignation of Andrew Payne and Tracy Gardner, who both no longer live or work in the Halesworth area.
An application pack will be available to download from the Waveney District Council website from January 25, by following the links from the homepage to the elections section.
Anyone who is unable to print off the forms can visit the clerk’s office in London Road, Halesworth, where they will be able to help. Each person standing also needs a proposer and a seconder to sign their forms.
You may also want to watch:
The forms have to be hand delivered to the Waveney District Council electoral services office at 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0EQ, by 4pm on February 2.
To find out whether you qualify to become a councillor, visit https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/parish-and-community-council-elections-in-england-and-walesMore information is also available from the clerk’s office on 01986 874517.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 More than 150 people enjoy town's first ever Pride event
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
- 7 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 8 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 New signs to be installed after grandmother killed crossing A143