Election called for two vacant seats on town council
- Credit: Archant
A by-election will be held for the two vacant seats on Halesworth Town Council.
The election will take place on Thursday, March 1, and the council is welcoming anyone interested in representing the town to find out more about the role.
The seats have become vacant following the resignation of Andrew Payne and Tracy Gardner, who both no longer live or work in the Halesworth area.
An application pack will be available to download from the Waveney District Council website from January 25, by following the links from the homepage to the elections section.
Anyone who is unable to print off the forms can visit the clerk’s office in London Road, Halesworth, where they will be able to help. Each person standing also needs a proposer and a seconder to sign their forms.
You may also want to watch:
The forms have to be hand delivered to the Waveney District Council electoral services office at 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0EQ, by 4pm on February 2.
To find out whether you qualify to become a councillor, visit https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/parish-and-community-council-elections-in-england-and-walesMore information is also available from the clerk’s office on 01986 874517.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion