Eleven days of festival fun at Haleston and Waveney Festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Eleven days of eclectic entertainment and family-friendly events have been planned for this year’s Harleston and Waveney Festival.
Now in its 14th year, the festival runs from August 21 to 31 and will take place at venues across the beautiful Waveney Valley.
Headlining the festival is popular duo Opera Babes, who have sold two-million albums world-wide.
Mezzo soprano Karen England and soprano Rebecca Knight will perform several pieces from their new album, Silent Noon at St Mary’s Church, Redenhall, on Tuesday, August 25.
For something a little more rustic, enjoy a day out with horses from Barsham-based N&J Heavy Horses, which will be bringing 11-year-old black shire Raymond and a seven-year-old pair of Percherons for carriage rides around Harleston from August 24 to August 28.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be at the Family Fun Day on Bank Holiday Monday at the Wilderness Lane Rec in Harleston along with a variety of stalls, vintage vehicles, music from the 1940s to 70s and, weather permitting, a flypast.
An art show courtesy of Wortwell Art Group will be staged at The Swan Hotel in Harleston, along with a photographic exhibition from August 22 to 31. There will also be a children’s photographic exhibition and competition on August 25.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
Chairman of the festival Robin Twigge said: “Ticket sales are going very well. Generally there seems to be more support this year. The Lancaster bomber that was planned for the Fun Day has had to go in to hospital so we will now have a Spitfire and Hurricane instead.”
For literary fans acclaimed author Tim Clayton, famous for his naval and military histories, will be hosting a lunch at The Swan Hotel on August 28 and in an exclusive for the festival, Harleston’s resident playwright Eileen Ryan will present the world premiere of her play An Engagement with Death. Specially written for the festival, the 1950s murder mystery will be performed in the colonnade at the back of The Swan Hotel on Saturday, August 22.
The festival is run by a small committee of five Harleston residents who work year round to make the event happen.
To book tickets, call the box office on 07952262162 or 01379 852221 or for more information and the full line-up of events visit www.harlestonandwaveney festival.co.uk