Bishop to dedicate re-glazed window to poet and author
- Credit: Archant
The bishop of St Edumndsbury and Ipswich will perform a dedication service to a poet and author at a church in Waveney.
The Rt Revd Martin Seeley, will be coming to St George’s Church, St Cross South Elmham on April 22 to dedicate a window re-glazed to the memory of Elizabeth Smart, the Canadian poet and author, who is buried in the churchyard.
Members of Elizabeth Smart’s family will be attending the service at 11am and her granddaughter Lydia, will be reading two of her poems.
Elizabeth Smart, who died in 1986, published her best known work By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept in 1945, and moved to Suffolk in the 1960s.
The memorial window was donated by Mr T A Dyer of Ilminster, Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
The glaziers were Paige Kenton and Jason Brauer of Shelton, and the commemorative plaque was produced by H L Perfitt, Stonemasons, of Diss.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached