Enter your winter snaps into The Journal Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant © 2013
For the first time this year the Beccles and Bungay Journal will be launching its own pack of Christmas cards, and budding photographers are being invited to send in their favourite winter snaps.
The cards will be officially launched at the Beccles Christmas lights switch on event on November 27, where the Beccles and Bungay Journal team will be running a stall.
And one lucky reader will win the chance to have their seasonal shot turned into a Christmas card, taking pride of place on mantelpieces around the Waveney Valley.
The pack will be made up of six cards with different designs - four of which have been chosen by Journal photographer Nick Butcher to represent our four market towns; Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Loddon.
The fifth Christmas card will be designed by Year 10 and sixth form art students from the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles and Bungay High Sixth Form Centre, who will be submitting sketches, paintings and collages of winter scenes.
You may also want to watch:
The sixth design will be chosen from the submitted reader entries by the Beccles and Bungay reporting and photography team.
Journal editor Amy Smith said: “The Waveney Valley is a beautiful place to live and we are sure our readers will have albums full of breathtaking snaps which would make a perfect Christmas card.”
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
The photo needs to be suitable for an A5 size landscape card, and if submitting by email, need to be at least 1MB in size. They can be colour or black and white.
The closing date for entries is Monday, November 2.
The entries for both the reader photograph and student design will be printed in the paper on Friday, November 6, with the winners being announced the following week on Friday, November 13.
The Christmas cards will then be available on Friday, November 27, in Beccles town centre, along with a copy of the Beccles and Bungay Journal for just £1.
After that the cards will be available to buy in The Journal office in Blyburgate, Beccles, and at other outlets to be confirmed.
You can send hard copies of your photos to Journal Christmas card competition, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles, NR34 9TB, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, address, a contact number and a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.