Entertainment aplenty at The Seagull Theatre
- Credit: Nick Butcher
There is plenty of entertainment to thrill audiences of all ages during the coming days at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield.
On Friday April 28 and Saturday April 29 at 7.30pm the Seagull Club presents The Effect.
Do Connie and Tristan really love each other or is it simply a side-effect of a drug they have been trialing for a pharmaceutical company? Come along and find out. Tickets £8.
While on Sunday April 30 from 2pm until 7pm a free Mayday Festival is being held to celebrate International Workers Day.
The event includes illustrated talks of wartime incidents in Lowestoft at 2.30pm and the current situation in Gaza at 4.30pm.
From 5.30pm there will be a festival revue provided by local poets, songwriters and others.
Also on Sunday April 30 at 7pm local musicians, The John Ward Band, team up with performance poet Luke Wright for a hard-hitting show which includes Luke's recent work The Toll.
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 4 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 8 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Investigation into fatal aircraft crash continues
Tickets for this concert are £5.
From May 4 to May 6 at 7.30pm the Quaysiders Present – The Tempest Mysterious storms rage, terrible creatures roam, and star crossed lovers meet in William Shakespeare's famously magical play. Prospero is in exile on an island full of spirits and fairies; raising a daughter while plotting revenge on a duplicitous sibling.
The raging seas bring the magicians enemies into range and everyone has to face their destiny amidst the Tempest. 7.30pm Tickets £10 / £9
Looking ahead to the coming summer months.
Do you have a talent? Are you in a band? Dance Group? Singer? Call the theatre on 01502 589726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an audition slot.
Twelve acts will then be selected and put through to this year's Lowestoft Summer Festival on the Royal Green. This takes place on Saturday July 22. Auditions slots are available from 10am to 4pm.
For more details of events at The Seagull Theatre and to pick up a copy of the current brochure call 01502 589726, or visit www.theseagull.co.uk .
Do you have an entertainment story for The Lowestoft Journal? Contact reporters by calling 01502 525832 or by emailing email@example.com