Variety of entertainment lined up for hospital fete
- Credit: Archant
The annual Beccles Hospital Fete will be returning this weekend.
Held in the hospital grounds in St Mary’s Road from 2pm on Saturday, June 30, the fete will be opened by Beccles mayor Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw, with entertainment from the Sir John Leman jazz band and the June Glennie School of Dance.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles, there will also be games for children and adults, along with a variety of stalls and a bouncy castle.
Refreshments will be supplied by the ladies of Beccles Inner Wheel Club.
The new carnival queen, Christine Soanes, with her prince and princesses will be in attendance and will draw the prizes of various raffles and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to the Hospital League of Friends as well as local medically-related charities.
The draw for prizes donated by Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Planners in this year’s recent Beccles Cycle for Life charity ride will also take place.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade