Variety of entertainment lined up for hospital fete
- Credit: Archant
The annual Beccles Hospital Fete will be returning this weekend.
Held in the hospital grounds in St Mary’s Road from 2pm on Saturday, June 30, the fete will be opened by Beccles mayor Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw, with entertainment from the Sir John Leman jazz band and the June Glennie School of Dance.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles, there will also be games for children and adults, along with a variety of stalls and a bouncy castle.
Refreshments will be supplied by the ladies of Beccles Inner Wheel Club.
The new carnival queen, Christine Soanes, with her prince and princesses will be in attendance and will draw the prizes of various raffles and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to the Hospital League of Friends as well as local medically-related charities.
The draw for prizes donated by Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Planners in this year’s recent Beccles Cycle for Life charity ride will also take place.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex