Variety of entertainment lined up for hospital fete
- Credit: Archant
The annual Beccles Hospital Fete will be returning this weekend.
Held in the hospital grounds in St Mary’s Road from 2pm on Saturday, June 30, the fete will be opened by Beccles mayor Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw, with entertainment from the Sir John Leman jazz band and the June Glennie School of Dance.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles, there will also be games for children and adults, along with a variety of stalls and a bouncy castle.
Refreshments will be supplied by the ladies of Beccles Inner Wheel Club.
The new carnival queen, Christine Soanes, with her prince and princesses will be in attendance and will draw the prizes of various raffles and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to the Hospital League of Friends as well as local medically-related charities.
The draw for prizes donated by Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Planners in this year’s recent Beccles Cycle for Life charity ride will also take place.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise