Variety of entertainment lined up for hospital fete
- Credit: Archant
The annual Beccles Hospital Fete will be returning this weekend.
Held in the hospital grounds in St Mary’s Road from 2pm on Saturday, June 30, the fete will be opened by Beccles mayor Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw, with entertainment from the Sir John Leman jazz band and the June Glennie School of Dance.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles, there will also be games for children and adults, along with a variety of stalls and a bouncy castle.
Refreshments will be supplied by the ladies of Beccles Inner Wheel Club.
The new carnival queen, Christine Soanes, with her prince and princesses will be in attendance and will draw the prizes of various raffles and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to the Hospital League of Friends as well as local medically-related charities.
The draw for prizes donated by Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Planners in this year’s recent Beccles Cycle for Life charity ride will also take place.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Deadly wartime bombing raids on churches remembered