Still time for budding royals to enter town’s ambassador contest
- Credit: Archant
Entries are still open as a town looks to find royal representatives for its annual carnival.
The organisers of Beccles Carnival are searching for community-minded women, boys and girls to assume the roles of Miss Beccles, Beccles Prince and Beccles Princess.
Their job will be to represent the town for a year, participating in events, fundraisers and taking a starring role in this year’s carnival, due to be staged on August 18 and 19. They will also have to attend other carnivals in the area, including the Lord Mayor’s Procession in Norwich.
Prospective royals have until Saturday, May 12, to enter, before the selection afternoon takes place at Blyburgate Hall in Beccles on Sunday, May 20.
The princess and prince roles are open to youngsters aged between eight and 14-years-old, while the new Miss Beccles is open to those aged 17 and over, with no upper age limit. Entrants will not be judged on the basis of appearance.
You may also want to watch:
Those wishing to enter must either live, work, go to school in Beccles or live within 12-mile radius of the town. Application forms are available on the Beccles Carnival website. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Annette on 01502 715671.
Entry to watch the ambassadors selection event on May 20 will be £3 for adults and £1 for children, with doors opening at 2.30pm.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider