Back of the net! Lowestoft firm to provide Euro 2020 goalposts
- Credit: Harrod UK
It is the UK’s leading manufacturer of sports equipment supplying some of the world's largest sporting events and stadiums.
And a long-established, family-run company based in Lowestoft is set to play an important role in the Euro 2020 campaign.
Harrod Sport, part of the Harrod UK group of companies, is supplying the goals to six of the venues that feature in the delayed European Championships starting this Friday, June 11.
With this summer's competition hosted in 11 different cities, Harrod Sport will supply 4G Stadium Pro Goals to six of the host venues for the championships - the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy; the Puskas Arena at Budapest, Hungary; Wembley Stadium in London, England; Hampden Park at Glasgow, Scotland; the Krestovsky Stadium at Saint Petersburg in Russia and the Parken Stadium at Copenhagen in Denmark.
With six of the venues featuring the Harrod Sport 4G Stadium Pro Goal - described as "the latest evolution in goalposts" - Kevin Utton, director of sport sales and marketing at Harrod UK, said: "Our goals being involved in a tournament such as the Euro’s is always such an honour and as a business, something we are extremely proud of.
"Being able to see the consistent work and quality that goes into designing and making the goals and then being able to see them at a venue like Wembley, with world-class footballers scoring goals in them, it’s a feeling that never gets old."
From its base on the South Lowestoft industrial estate, Harrod UK currently supplies "over 80 per cent of Premier League clubs," as well as "a vast majority of Championship clubs," and clubs "such as Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus and many others" around Europe with Harrod manufactured equipment.
Harrod UK equipment recently featured in the FA Cup Final and the Champions League Final, and will also showcase Hockey Goals at next month's Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
To coincide with the Euro 2020 championships starting this week, Harrod UK is also running a social media competition during games that its Pro Goals feature in.
If fans correctly predict the total number of goals in a game featuring the Harrod UK goals they will be entered into a prize draw where one person will be chosen to win a Harrod Sport Finesse Garden Goal.
Mr Utton said: "We are excited to grow the brand and give people a taste of the Euros in their own back garden this summer."
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 4 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 7 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 10 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate