Events for all the family to run alongside river sculpture trail
- Credit: Archant
A programme of events designed to accompany this summer’s River Waveney Sculpture Trail will offer something for all the family.
The trail features more than 40 works of art nestled on the 24-acre site at the River Waveney Study Centre, in Earsham, organised by Waveney and Blyth Arts. The trail launched yesterday and runs until Sunday, September 4.
The events will take place at the same location and begin on Tuesday with a photography walk and workshop. There will be a chance to view the sculptures before spending time photographing your favourites. For more information call 07944505419.
On Wednesday Mel Horwood will guide anyone of 12 years and over through a series of movement to encourage you to view and respond to shape and space through your body and movement, with live music accompaniment. Call 07500600176 for more.
There’s an audio described walk on Thursday for people with sight loss and a family fun day next Friday, August 19, from noon until 4pm.
Two curator’s walks are planned for Saturday, August 20. The first is from 10am until noon and the second from 1pm until 3pm, with a British Sign Language interpreter.
A late night opening and barbecue will take place on Sunday, August 21, from 5pm to 9pm, with a rare chance to enjoy the sights and sounds of dusk along the River Waveney.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
And on Tuesday, August 23, you can join the Suffolk Poetry Society for a poetry walk and workshop. Led by poet Elizabeth Soule and author Chris Reeve, participants will take a short walk along the trail and hear poetry inspired by the river and the sculptures. In the afternoon people are invited to produce their own short poems. Call 01449 766879 for more details.
A landscape painting workshop with Sarah Cannell is the last event on Thursday, August 25, and is an opportunity to enjoy the water meadows of the River Waveney and to see the landscape anew. It’s suitable for all levels of experience. More information is available from 01508 548941.
The sculpture trail is open on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Monday from 10am until 4pm. Admission is £5 for adults, £4 for members of Waveney and Blyth Arts and River Waveney Trust and under 18s go free.
Visit www.waveneyandblytharts.com for more information.