Events taking place across Remembrance Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bungay’s Remembrance Sunday service will take place from 2pm at St Mary’s Church on November 12.
Before the service there will be a parade from the RBL branch on Priory Lane to the church. Wreath laying will take place after the service.
In Beccles, the wreath laying ceremony will be at the war memorial from 1.45pm on November 12, followed by a procession to St Michael’s Church for a 2.45pm service.
On Armistice Day, two minutes’ silence will be observed at 11am in Bungay at the war memorial outside the church; this will also occur in Beccles at 11am in Exchange Square.
In Halesworth, there will be a procession from the Thoroughfare at 2.30pm on Remembrance Sunday, before a 3pm service in St Mary’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
Those paying tribute in Chedgrave will meet at the White Horse at 10am on Remembrance Sunday and parade to Loddon for an 11am gathering at the war memorial outside Holy Trinity Church.
This will be followed by a traditional service.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 8 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says