Events taking place across Remembrance Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bungay’s Remembrance Sunday service will take place from 2pm at St Mary’s Church on November 12.
Before the service there will be a parade from the RBL branch on Priory Lane to the church. Wreath laying will take place after the service.
In Beccles, the wreath laying ceremony will be at the war memorial from 1.45pm on November 12, followed by a procession to St Michael’s Church for a 2.45pm service.
On Armistice Day, two minutes’ silence will be observed at 11am in Bungay at the war memorial outside the church; this will also occur in Beccles at 11am in Exchange Square.
In Halesworth, there will be a procession from the Thoroughfare at 2.30pm on Remembrance Sunday, before a 3pm service in St Mary’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
Those paying tribute in Chedgrave will meet at the White Horse at 10am on Remembrance Sunday and parade to Loddon for an 11am gathering at the war memorial outside Holy Trinity Church.
This will be followed by a traditional service.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Deadly wartime bombing raids on churches remembered