Events taking place across Remembrance Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bungay’s Remembrance Sunday service will take place from 2pm at St Mary’s Church on November 12.
Before the service there will be a parade from the RBL branch on Priory Lane to the church. Wreath laying will take place after the service.
In Beccles, the wreath laying ceremony will be at the war memorial from 1.45pm on November 12, followed by a procession to St Michael’s Church for a 2.45pm service.
On Armistice Day, two minutes’ silence will be observed at 11am in Bungay at the war memorial outside the church; this will also occur in Beccles at 11am in Exchange Square.
In Halesworth, there will be a procession from the Thoroughfare at 2.30pm on Remembrance Sunday, before a 3pm service in St Mary’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
Those paying tribute in Chedgrave will meet at the White Horse at 10am on Remembrance Sunday and parade to Loddon for an 11am gathering at the war memorial outside Holy Trinity Church.
This will be followed by a traditional service.
- 1 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 9 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 10 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price