Events taking place across Remembrance Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bungay’s Remembrance Sunday service will take place from 2pm at St Mary’s Church on November 12.
Before the service there will be a parade from the RBL branch on Priory Lane to the church. Wreath laying will take place after the service.
In Beccles, the wreath laying ceremony will be at the war memorial from 1.45pm on November 12, followed by a procession to St Michael’s Church for a 2.45pm service.
On Armistice Day, two minutes’ silence will be observed at 11am in Bungay at the war memorial outside the church; this will also occur in Beccles at 11am in Exchange Square.
In Halesworth, there will be a procession from the Thoroughfare at 2.30pm on Remembrance Sunday, before a 3pm service in St Mary’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
Those paying tribute in Chedgrave will meet at the White Horse at 10am on Remembrance Sunday and parade to Loddon for an 11am gathering at the war memorial outside Holy Trinity Church.
This will be followed by a traditional service.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice