Ex-Hobart student opens craft shop
AN ex-Hobart High School, Loddon, student has opened up her own craft shop in Norwich.Kate Seaward, from Thurlton, is the brains behind Cherry Cherry in Lower Goat Lane.
AN ex-Hobart High School, Loddon, student has opened up her own craft shop in Norwich.
Kate Seaward, from Thurlton, is the brains behind Cherry Cherry in Lower Goat Lane.
Miss Seaward had been trading in a shop across the road but decided to up sticks and get her own place as her business became more and more successful.
Cherry Cherry's main emphasis is on handmade goods, and the shop provides a platform for independent artists to sell their work.
You may also want to watch:
“As an illustrator and crafty artist myself I wanted to create a shop in which your first reaction is 'wow there's so much to look at, where do I start,'” said Miss Seaward, 26.
“That's why having a bricks and mortar shop is so important to me, it's about the whole experience, seeing the window display, the sign, being enticed in through the door to a creative world of handmade goodies!
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
“The entire space oozes excitement, and creates a little story. My friend told me it was like an extension of my living room!”
She sells products by artists, illustrators and craft makers from all over the world, as well as local.
Cherry Cherry always has a stall at the Clutter City Market at the Norwich Arts Centre, which takes place every two months.
For more information and to shop online visit www.cherrycherryshop.com