Exciting new programme unveiled at Bungay Fisher Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A new programme promising an exciting few months ahead at Bungay’s Fisher Theatre has been unveiled.
Ballet from the Bolshoi, drama from the National Theatre and opera from the Royal Opera House is just some of the entertainment expected between September and December.
The programme also promises films, art exhibitions and concerts and will conclude with a traditional family pantomime.
Recently audiences have been able to see top shows and productions from around the world thanks to live streaming.
This new venture has proved popular, attracting audiences from a wide area.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Collins, manager of the theatre said: “During the past few months many people have given words of encouragement and support and what it has made me realise is that anything is possible.”
In October the Bungay Piano Series will be launched and opens with a recital from David Neil Jones.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 7 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
The piano concert programme will consist of pieces by Handel, Beethoven, Debussy, Chopin and Addinsell.
This is followed by a concert from Lara Meld, who at the age of 16 was named BBC Young Musician of the Year in 2010.
Jazz singer Jacqui Dankworth will be making a welcome return to the stage at the Fisher and Paul Sturman Promotions will be presenting his usual bill of the top country acts from Ireland.
As well as opera from the Royal Opera House, there will be productions screened from Opera Australia, and the year ends on a high with Cinderella performed by a professional ensemble from The Panto Company.
In addition to the monthly art exhibitions in the gallery there will be the Affordable Art Fair, a selling exhibition of works from around 50 artists, representing different styles and techniques, all priced between £50 and £300.
The programme is now available from the theatre in Broad Street, shops and other outlets around the town.
For more information visit www.fishertheatre.org