Exciting time for playgroup with Ofsted visit and a permanent new home
- Credit: Archant
It is an exciting time for staff and youngsters at Broome and Ditchingham Playgroup, with a good rating from Ofsted and planning permission to move to a permanent new home.
The playgroup received the good grading from Ofsted following an inspection last month, improving from the satisfactory report it received in 2013.
The report said: “The committee, manager and staff team are committed to providing children with high quality care and education. They have high expectations of what the playgroup can achieve.
“The manager continually monitors the playgroup to robustly check on the quality of the provision. The actions and recommendations raised at the last inspection have been successfully addressed.”
It also praised the staff’s assessment of what the children know and can do, the playgroup’s partnership with parents and effective support for children to ensure they are emotionally prepared for their move to school.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Julie Nelson Allen said: “We are really pleased because it reflects all the hard work which goes on here. And the report commented on our highly effective staff team which we are really pleased about because we are such a small team.”
The playgroup operates from Ditchingham Village Hall, with Mrs Nelson Allen joined by Claire Maynard, Amy Aldrich and Brenda Smith.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
She said: “At the moment we have a pack-away setting at the village hall but this week we have been given planning approval to relocate to the grounds of Ditchingham Primary School so we will have permanent premises there.
“It is a really exciting time for us with the good Ofsted report and the planning approval which has been a long process, so it is now full steam ahead.
“Moving means we will be able to develop further what we do, increase our hours and offer more flexibility.”
Anyone interested in finding out more about the playgroup can call 07721697974.